Master of Arts (MA) in Media and Communication Studies (two years)
- Two-year graduate program
- A minimum of one course per semester offered in English language
- Core modules on theories and current topics (MKW-Modul), and advanced research methods (Methodenmodul) in media and communication studies
- Team-based empirical media and communication research throughout the first three semesters of the program (Projektmodul)
- Electives in history, linguistics, psychology, political science, or sociology (Wahlpflichtmodul)
- Requires submission of written MA thesis and passing of oral thesis defense
The MA program in Media and Communication Studies offers research-based training in media and communication that covers the theoretical and methodological breadth of the institute faculty.
The program centers on the interaction of contemporary changes in media and society. Every year, students and faculty pick a specific revolutionary process in this domain as the focal topic of the Projektmodul. In the process, students learn to be competent analysts and critics of contemporary media and social change.
Adding to the media and communication core of the program is the Wahlpflichtmodul, which allows students to complement their studies with classes in related academic fields according to their interests.